Thursday, May 1, 2008

Stuffed Flank Steak

I can't actually believe it but it will be 10 years this summer that this fantastic lady came into my life. Lisa was my college dorm roommate for 3 fabulous and fun years....there were many good times and I am a very lucky person to have her in my life. She has given us permission to post five of her favorite recipes...this one sounded so good that Flank Steak is on the grocery list for this week. Enjoy!

Stuffed Flank Steak

I came across this recipe online. Although I cannot recall where! I have altered the recipe slightly. I butterfly my steak and stuff it, but you can pound the steak and roll it around the filling. This is the first meal I made for my dad when he came to visit my apartment in graduate school! He was very impressed! I also made this for my brother and sister in law when I visited them in San Francisco. It is now my signature!

What you need:

· Flank Steak – as many pieces as you need to serve your family or guests. Cut into desired serving sizes

· Fresh spinach

· Diced red and yellow peppers: ½ each for 4 steaks

· Crumbled Feta cheese

· Salt and Pepper

What you do:

· Butterfly each piece of the steak ¾ of the way through creating a “pocket”

· Salt and Pepper both sides of the steak

· Stuff steak: cover the bottom of the inside of the steak with fresh spinach pieces; stuff with mixture of peppers and feta to the edge…can even overflow a little

· Cover broil pan with foil and place steaks on top

· Broil steaks until juices run clear or desired ‘doneness’

· Approx 15-20 min

No comments: