Sunday, September 14, 2008

Leftover Ham Casserole

This post has been brought to you by Multi-Tasking Mommy.

Even when I buy half of a boneless ham, it seems we are left with leftover ham for days and we end up getting sick of it!

I have finally come across a great recipe to solve this problem. I can make it and freeze half of it for another time.

This is yet another casserole that has been added to my freezer for when after the baby is born. Let's hope the baby isn't super sensitive to onions!

Recipe from: Enjoy: More Recipes from the Best of Bridge, page 141.

Ham Casserole

1 cup cubed cooked potatoes
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I use cheddar, but recipe calls for swiss)
2 cups cubed cooked ham (or more)
1 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs (I omit these)
2 Tbsp butter

Cook onions in butter in skillet, blend in flour, salt and pepper. Add milk slowly. Cook until thick. Add cheese and melt. Add ham and potatoes--mis and pour into casserole dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and dot with 2 Tbsp of butter. Cook at 400 for 30 minutes until bubbly.

No comments: